What do I do about traffic court? My license is suspended..

Question: Can I just walk in and settle the traffic case after a failure to appear?  The court put a suspension in my license and I’m trying take of the ticket.
Answer: In some cases yes, you could walk in the courthouse to settle the ticket.  It is likely you would pay a fine for failure (FTA) to appear as well as the original ticket penalties.  The license suspension is probably due to the FTA.  After the FTA is lifted you will receive a notice to take to the DMV to get your license back.  Alternatively, some judges may sentence you to jail time for failing to appear before the court.  Additionally, you can hire an attorney or contact the solicitor to try to resolve the matter.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s